Catalyzing change for healthy and sustainable food systems
This call is open to research organizations, think tanks, and organizations based in low and middle-income countries (LMICs) with a mission and mandate to inform public policy and other interventions by generating robust, context-specific evidence.
- have legal corporate registration in an LMIC (not restricted to the five countries listed above);
- be eligible to conduct research in any one of the five countries of focus; and
- have independent legal status (or “legal personality”) and the ability to receive and administer foreign funds (capable of contracting in their own right and name) in their respective countries.
This call aims to support robust and innovative research that enhances understanding of which policies and interventions promote greater market competitiveness of nutritious and sustainable food and contribute to healthier and more sustainable food systems.
Applications are encouraged to address at least one of the following research themes:
- Public policies (driven by scientific evidence) that increase the affordability and accessibility of protective foods relative to unhealthy, ultra-processed foods.
- Enhanced rules, conditions, and dynamics of business environments that shift the behaviours of markets towards the production and consumption of affordable protective foods.
- Empowerment of consumers and civil society groups that generate greater local demand for affordable and sustainable protective foods and promote effective and accountable public policies.
Si cumple con los requisitos para esta oportunidad, le invitamos a presentar una solicitud.